Saturday, June 30, 2012

My "Songs that Make Me Happy to Workout" Playlist

I am a huge music buff and love cranking up my favorite tunes and dancing around to the beat (of course this only occurs when I am alone in my house).  I've even been known to break out into what I like to call "Car Dancing" when one of my favorite songs comes on the radio which is quite entertaining for the other cars on the road.. I am sure several people at the gym have even noticed me on the eliptical machine swaying with the music.. I have caught myself even humming outloud without noticing it.. obviously... I LOVE MUSIC!  When I started going back to the gym I put together a new playlist to help keep me motivated while working out.  I think there is now like 200 songs on the right now, and I thought I would share a few of them with you, in case you were needed a few new tunes to keep you motivated as well. 

One of my most frequently played workout songs is by Gym Class Heroes called "The Fighter".  I religiously start out every workout with this song because it is so motivating for me.  If you haven't heard this song yet, you can watch the video of it below.  I am seriously obsessed with this song for so many reasons... the most obvious reason is the message.  It reminds me that no matter what your struggle is.. where you came from, or how hard you have it...to  just hang in there and KEEP FIGHTING.

Other songs on my playlist that I've titled "Songs that Make Me Happy to Workout" (yes, that is really what I named it):

Comback Kid - Brett Dennen
Say Hey (I love You)-Michael Franti  and Spearhead
Sexy Back-Justin Timberlake (edited version).... (don't judge me for loving this song)
What Makes you Beautiful - One Direction
Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - Coldplay
Stronger- Kelly Clarkson
Love Today - Mika
Runaway- Mat Kearney
Tonight Tonight - Hot Chelle Ray
Break me Out - The Rescues
Big Girl You are Beautiful - Mika
Love you Like a Love Song - Selena Gomez
Way to the Future - Katie Herzig
Good Girl - Carrie Underwood
Lollipop - Mika
Gonna Get Over You - Sara Bareillis
My Body - Young the Giant (this is the song I listen to towards the end of my workout to keep me motivate to keep going)
Hey Mama - Mat Kearney
Break Your Heart Taio Cruz
Payphone- Maroon 5 (make sure you get the edited version of this song ;)
Dog Days are Over - Florence and the Machine
Called Out in the Dark - Snow Patrol
Someone Like You - Keith Urban
Everybody Talks - Neon Trees
Umbrella - Rihanna
Blame it on the Girls - Mika
Who Knew - Pink
Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
Shake it - Metro Station
Hips Don't Lie - Shakira
Soul Meets Body - Death Cab for Cutie
If I Never See Your Face Again - Maroon 5 with Rihanna
Ships in the Night - Mat Kearney
Here (In Your Arms)- HelloGoodbye

I would love to hear what some of your favorite workout songs are too so I can add some of them to my list! 

3 comments:

  1. Camille! I love your new blog! Some of my favorite songs to work out to are Boom Boom Pow and Imma Be by Black Eye Peas and I just downloaded Part of me by Katy Perry. You have to watch the music video though...it totally pumped me up. I replaced the loser ex boyfriend in the video with the negative voice in my head that tells me to eat a whole cake. :) I save LMAFO's Sexy and I Know It and THunderstruck by AC/DC to get me through a low in my workout! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I swear I posted on here earlier. I think I'm losing my brain. I posted that two of my favorites you already have (Stronger and My Body). My other favorite is Running by David Archuletta. I love to listen to it while I'm running. I love the hear "Keep on running ... don't stop". I'm going to have to steal some of yours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note to self: add all these songs to my ipod soon. Second note to self: start bringing ipod with me to gym! I work out so early that I always forget and rely on the music being blasted at that gym or I watch TV. Need to get in the habit of taking it with me. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete